The way in which children engage in activities, are motivated to learn, and think creatively are vital to a child's development.
The Characteristics of effective learning are:
Playing and exploring – engagement
- Finding out and exploring
- Playing with what they know
- Being willing to ‘have a go’
- Being involved and concentrating
- Keeping trying
- Enjoying achieving what they set out to do
- Having their own ideas
- Making links
- Choosing ways to do things
I have now revised my observation records to include the Characteristics of Effective Learning and I hope to monitor and audit my continuous provision to ensure I vary the way in which children have opportunities to learn and to support each child's preferred way of learning.