Monday 7 March 2011

Do Something Funny for Money...


To support Comic Relief this year I have arranged a Sponsored "Toddle Waddle" for the Children that I care for next Thursday 17th March.  I thought it would be fun to have lots of people joining in to raise more money, so I have invited lots of Childminders from around our community.  So far we are going to be joined by 8 other childminders as well as the children that they care for. I will be providing red nose cakes which I am going to make with the children next Wednesday and refreshments so we don't get thirsty.  I have been putting up posters around my setting to promote it and have sent children home with a newsletter and a sponsor form today to inform Parents about what we will be doing.  Hopefully we will get lots of sponsor money from each of the children's friends, family, neighbours and work colleagues so that we can really make a difference to the lives of children in both the UK and Africa. 

I have set up a fundraising page which can be found by clicking the link on the right.  If anyone would like to sponsor us it was be very much appreciated.  Your money could go towards helping a family in the UK, struggling to make ends meet.  Or a family in Africa who have lost children to Malaria.  Malaria accounts for 20% of all childhood deaths and, in Africa, a child dies every 45 seconds from the disease. Just £8 could pay for ten Ugandan children to be tested for malaria so they can get a quick diagnosis and receive life-saving treatment.

I have acheived 60% of my target so far, but obviously the more money I raise, the more people we can help.  Please spare a thought for the children and sponsor someone today.

Thank you. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Oakley Childcare Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting