Bake a batch of these Christmas muffins to get into the festive spirit!
10 - 20 minutes
- 140g dried cranberries
- 300g self raising flour
- 155g brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 185ml buttermilk
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, extra
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Place the cranberries in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes to soak. Drain well.
3. Combine flour,* sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cranberries in a large bowl. Whisk buttermilk, oil and egg together in a jug. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined (do not over mix). Spoon evenly among the lined pan. Sprinkle the extra sugar over the muffins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when tested. Turn onto a wire rack. Serve warm.
*This recipe can also be made using 70g of pecans, however I used mixed fruit instead since I was baking with children (plus I don't like nuts!). Pecans are added with the flour.