Gruffalo Chocolate Cupcakes
- 225g (8oz) Unsalted butter, softened
- 225g (8oz) caster sugar
- 225g (8oz) self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 100g (3.5oz) chocolate chips
- Chocolate frosting (I cheated and bought shop bought ready made chocolate frosting!)
- Gruffalo rice paper toppers
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas mark 4) Line a bun tray with 18-24 paper baking cases.
2. Place the butter, caster sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric whisk for 2-3 minutes, or until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 18 minutes, or until well risen. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
3. Stir the chocolate frosting to soften and coat the top of each cupcake with the mixture. Top with a gruffalo rice paper.